Friday, June 21, 2013

Return of the Sinister Soarers

It began one sunny morning. I lifted mine eyes unto the mountains, as I do each day, whence I spied four black sorcerers on a morning breeze. First they were tiny specks, indistinguishable swift spp., but with a distinctive aura, like that of a beautiful dark-haired woman who both captivates you with her beauty while at the same time intoxicating you with a dark poison, enslaving you in her aura, clouding out all virtuous thought. I could sense it from a great distance as they approached ever nearer...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!! I thought, the dark passenger has returned from that fateful day three years ago when, with my trusty comrade Neil we were cursed upon the sea cliffs of Big Sur, California (see Big Sur post from 2010).


"It pains me that, despite our best attempts to extinguish these sinister soarers, these scimitar-winged devils still scream unbridled around the wilderness mountains that they have reclaimed as their own."

- Neil Gilbert

Then two days later, 46 Black Swifts. Yesterday, 63.

God have mercy on our pathetic souls, free us from the clutch of these black devils!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amboseli Weekend