Monday, April 29, 2013

11 Secret Herbs and Insects

I ended up in Battambang, a normal Cambodian city as opposed to one with so many tourists and any need or desire to murder over-eager tuktuk drivers. In fact its so quiet its kind of hard to get a tuktuk. One thing they do have is a @#$%load of bats, like in this video:




Each evening millions of bats leave the cave to forage through the night. But not all of them return...
Some end up in a back alley restaurant which is where our awesome tuktuk driver Ridh took us to dine on this deep fried delicacy with dipping sauce, fresh herbs and lots of beer to wash it down. 


Side note: During the trip I also added these to my taste list...

Bamboo Rat
Buffalo skin
Porcupine
Dog
Scorpion
Cricket
Water beetle
Carpenter Bee pupae
Silkworm pupae
Crocodile
Eels
Coffee from beans that have passed through civets

...but never to my shame could I find a snake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amboseli Weekend