Sunday, July 21, 2013

A Mountain Retreat

I couldn't stop thinking about a beautiful woman.

To remedy myself of this ailment, I turned to John Muir's ghost for advice. As always, he recommended a healthy dose of Mountain climbing.

I've had my eye on Cartier Mountain for some time. 2000 vertical meters, 17 km each way. This should clear my mind!

There were no Grizzlies nor Goats, just this Spruce Hen and her chicks to keep me company. 
Looking unto the peak, I was terrified
Two feet between the cliff, and death
I awoke in my cabin the next morning to find the entire mountain shrouded in mist, with freezing rain pelting the roof. I was stranded! I would have to wait for the storm to pass
When the storm finally passed, I looked unto the lands beyond with wonder
A precarious perch on top of Cartier Summit before the knee-busting 17 km trip back down
 AH THE SWEET NECTAR OF LIFE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amboseli Weekend