Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Lost in a cave

The most lonely moment I experienced while traveling solo was entering this cave in Cuc Phuong National Park. I just couldn't help going further and further down its passages using my phone torch. When I could go no further I turned back, wriggling my body through small crevices with fascination. A dead end. Never had I felt this alone as I sat here under ground wondering how to get myself out. I remembered the Survivorman survival manual, so I stayed calm and collected my wits. I turned into a different passage.



"The air doesn't smell so far down here" I thought to myself, and I squeezed through the small space. I made it to a cave opening and felt exalted as I breathed the fresh jungle air. The only problem was that this was not the entrance I had gone in through. I wandered the side of the cliff hoping to not get lost in the jungle, and luckily I found the main entrance to the cave. Pleased with myself, I remembered that I had stashed my backpack at one corner in the cave, and would have to go back in there to get it...

1 comment:

  1. This is kinda terrifying Tim! Wowza! Just reading this I got a panic stricken feeling! Glad to know everything turned out alright though! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Amboseli Weekend